Easy Stuffed Peppers- Mexican
Fiesta your eyes and your mouth with super healthy, super filling stuffed peppers tonight! You can absolutely do stuffed peppers a million ways, but here is a great start.
To make things easier, I used organic microwaveable rice. For those of you who are afraid of nuclear warfare in your home, I completely understand- you just have to add one more step of cooking the rice.
I hate when recipes come with a full history of your life and update on your nieces and nephews, so without further ado, here is the recipe!
•4 bell peppers
•1 pound ground beef or turkey
•1.5 cups rice/quinoa, I used @seedsofchange basmati rice
•1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
•Mexican seasonings (cumin, paprika, onion& garlic powder, salt, pepper
•fresh cilantro, always&forever.
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Slice the tops off of the bell peppers and scoop out the seeds.
3. In a skillet, Cook the meat until no longer pink.
4. Add cooked grain (I microwaved mine like a barbarian), salsa, seasonings, (and black beans/corn if you want!).
5. Pour a little water in the bottom of a Pyrex (to allow it to steam)
6. Stuff the peppers with the filling and bake for 35-45 min in the Pyrex.
Top with guac and some chopped cilantro , always & forever.