Easy Balsamic Chicken Rainbow Salad
Do you know what the number one indicator of gut health is? Eating a varied diet of vibrant plant foods. The more vibrant your food, the more vibrant your skin, the more vibrant your health.
Most of these colorful foods are chock full of vitamins, not only vitamins but FAT SOLUBLE vitamins. This means that these are absorbed by the body most efficiently when there is a source of fat present. Including avocado, high quality oils, nuts, seeds, etc... allows the body to utilize the nutrients you are eating!
So put aside 20 minutes and make real food taste like it should!
BALSAMIC CHICKEN RAINBOW SALAD
1 chicken breast, diced
1/2 roma tomato, diced
1/2 sweet potato, diced
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 head of red cabbage, chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
4 cups spring mix
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp stone ground Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 skillets over med/high heat and drizzle oil in both.
2. To pot #1, add chopped chicken and sweet potato. Season with salt, pepper and let simmer. In about a minute or two, add 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar to the pan and let sear.
3. Flip the chicken after 5 minutes and cook until sweet potatoes are soft, and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
4. To pot #2 add red cabbage, red onion, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Let sizzle until soft (5-10 min)
5. In a mason jar, combine all ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette, shake it real good.
6. To the spring mix (at least two cups!), add half of the cooked sweet potato & chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of the red cabbage mix, tomato & avocado to the bowl. Drizzle 2 tbsp over the salad and enjoy!