Morning Glory Muffins
I am so excited to share these! I wrote, rewrote, and rewrote 3 different drafts of these muffins. I intentionally married the most critical tastebuds the world has ever known so that he can test all of my recipes, and I finally got two thumbs way up!
A rebirth of the morning muffin. A fusion of carrot cake, apple spice, and banana bread, the legitimate brain child of yours truly.
You don't have to go out and buy oat flour, you can just blend oats in a blender till they become a fine flour.
If you don't want to buy dates, walnuts, and shredded coconut individually, you can replace these ingredients with 1/2 cup trail mix and it will do the trick.
If you don't want to grate/chop the banana, carrots, apple, and dates, you can put them all in a food processor individually and let it do the work for you!
you can use 1 tbsp apple pie spice rather than getting cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice (this seasoning blend includes all 3!)
Healthy and Hearty
Free of any junk or added sugar
Full of healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Morning Glory Muffins (GF, Paleo, DF)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 long carrots, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 12-15 dates, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (or 1 1/2c oats pulsed in a blender until fine flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix together wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly stir dry ingredients into the wet.
3. Grease a muffin tin and fill 16-20 tins using an ice cream scoop (or spoon).
4. Bake for 20-23 minutes, let cook for 10 minutes.